Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Counting Cheap

...poker cards.

I can't sleep. Naturally, because I've been awake since 5 and the time is now closing in on 1 in the middle of the night. Why not. And yes, that's in "military time". We don't do "pm" or "am" over here. 5 is five and can only occur once every 24 hours.

So, what did I do today? I went with my partner to look at a couple of apartments. A not so fantastic one and a pretty awesome one. It's located a bit off, but it's a nice apartment and has a lot of diverse cultures living in the area, something I personally feel is fascinating.

I also put an order for 2000 blank poker cards from The Game Crafter website. It was a sale, where each card cost 1 cent each, so I bought 2000 cards for $20, plus shipping for $25. Why would I buy 2000 blank poker cards? I'm a game designer. I've wanted cards like this for a long time to easily prototype stuff. I have plenty of ideas and an excel sheet with 10 different interdependent balancing tables to prove it. Soon I'll have prototypes to prove it, too.

Actually, I put in an order for 3500 cards, and the other 1500 cards and a fold-out gaming board were for a couple of friends who joined in to make the shipping less painful.

And also, work.

So I'm pretty exhausted. And I can't sleep. Clock rings in 4 hours. I went to bed... 4 hours ago. Oh, fun. Knowing myself I won't be able to sleep in another hour. Because, of course.

I wonder, what would be the harm in a cup of hazelnut coffee at this point. My "tomorrow" is fucked either way.

No comments: